Is the veneer top on your round oak table or prized peice of funky junk lifting? Is it a small lift, or blister? Here is quick remedy for small lifts that can be flattened with your Rowenta iron:
1. Set your Rowenta to medium heat, no steam.
2. Place a piece of wax or parchment paper over the seam that has lifted -- separated from the table top.
3. Place a piece of cardboard over parchment paper.
4. Applying even downward pressure, iron the seam until affected area of tabletop is warm, checking the surface every couple of minutes.
5. Stop ironing when the veneer flattens.
6. Leaving parchment or wax paper in place, weight the area with something that applies even pressure, like a stack of "antique guide" books.
7. Let sit for 24 hours.
We have had great success repairing the veneer of antique furniture and lots of "veneered" funky junk and we hope you do too!
ps. Yes, we use the same Rowneta iron on vintage linens and blistered seams in funky junk veneer. Hence, the need for a layer of parchment or wax paper and a layer of cardboard.