1. To act like Gypsies of lore and deliberately travel about the countryside on a two-lane road in your pedal car to dig cool old funky junk out of places like Bill’s Berry Farm, Clayson Farm and Country Nesters and drag it home because it completes a vignette, inspires a room makeover or, simply, nurtures the recycler in you.
2. To spend time with your pals rummaging through antique stores in search of the perfect funky junk element that will make your heart sing and your mom go, “huh?”
3. To attend a Funky Junk Sisters funky junk show so you can be “saved” by junk.
4. To stop at your neighbor’s house, who don’t actually know, to inquire about a piece of funky junk on the side of their garage that you need and, well, they don’t.
5. To creatively repurpose obsolete funky junk into structurally “functional” task masters.
6. To surround yourself with funky junk that makes you crack a smile and feel clever, resourceful and empowered by junk.